A Birder’s Resolutions
After 2003, our first New Year as birders, I threw together some resolutions meant to help me become a better birder as well as a better person. It’s time to recommit…
- Search actively rather than wait passively.
- Recognize things as they are instead of forcing them to fit expectations.
- Do the research in advance, because there’s no time to prepare when opportunity arrives.
- Look, listen, and keep your mouth shut; you’ll notice more that way.
- Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy…that’s the point, after all.
Happy New Year!