There are way too many birders out there who do not have a significant other or who have a significant other that does not appreciate their birding partner’s birding. I say we should revel in our birding and take pride in what we bring to the table and to the bedroom and our partners should appreciate us for who we are! Birders are wonderful people and I should know, I am one. We are kind, caring, considerate, and conscientious and not only that but we like people too! Don’t believe me? Well just check out this list of the top ten reasons that birders make better lovers…
10. Birders get up early and will gladly make the coffee or tea in the morning.
9. Birders are usually more than willing to entertain you and your friends by imitating bird calls.
8. Whenever you need white noise to fall asleep to all you have to do is ask your birding partner to describe the different plumages of a four-year gull.
7. Have you been in a relationship where you feel smothered? Well, that won’t happen with birders because birders are too busy birding.
6. Birders can wait patiently for hours for a few seconds of excitement when they see a rare bird. This patience and dedication translates well (wink wink nod nod).
5. Birders like to venture into wet, wild, hidden places and will, if necessary, wear waders.
4. With their knowledge of biology and attention to detail birders are great at, ahem, well, this is a family-friendly blog, if you know what I mean…
3. Birders never refer to their bits as Hairy Woodpeckers, American Woodcocks, Bushtits, Cock-of-the-Rocks, Great Tits, or any other bird name. I promise.
2. Have you ever seen some of the more bizarre mating dances that birds do? Yeah, well, birders have.
1. Birders are very appreciative of every single addition to their life list.
So consider taking home a birder tonight. Once you get the mudstains off your carpets and the Tilly Hat off the birder you will be glad you did!