That’s what lots of people have been screaming (well, metaphorically, anyway) as the Northern Hemisphere’s nesting season does a number on various projects and events.
- On the U.S. eastern seaboard, various varieties of birds have gotten in the way of pipeline plans, whereas on the West Coast, it’s landfill mowing that’s the problem
- Construction of a Chinese highway hit a red light after sightings of protected Rosy Starlings (like the ones above which Nate spotted several years ago in India)
- It’s got climbers grousing about Peregrine Falcons …
- … and beach towns coming up with creative solutions for wall-to-wall Purple Martins
- Even music festivals are getting into the act, relocating a Killdeer nest so that the show can go on with no harm to the mama and eggs