Avian Quiz – Oct 7, 2011
Hello all. This will be my last Avian Quiz. I am hanging up my computer? My binoculars? Hard to tell. I hope you’ve had as much fun with these quizzes as I have had. Here is this week’s quiz:
I was fortunate to visit a college friend these last few days. I live in the US, in New York State. My friend also lives in the US, but in a different state. A state that I have never visited before. [Yes, that’s a hint. It’s not nearby.] Please do NOT guess the species. Instead, give another clue to the identity of this species.
1. I saw 3,000 individuals of this species. Give or take.
2. I was sitting comfortably outside an elementary school.
3. I was sitting with a few hundred people watching this spectacle.
4. This was a life bird for me.
5. There is a species in my home area that is a close relative, although I’ve never seen anything like these numbers. Usually only a handful at one time.
Remember, please do NOT guess the species. Instead, give another clue to the identity of this species.