This week’s quiz is geographically GLOBAL in nature. It is not limited to North America, as many of my other quizzes are.
Your objective is to determine the correct country and then answer the questions shown at the bottom of the quiz.
Here are the clues:
1. Some references indicate that this country has nearly 900 different species of birds.
2. It is at the top of my list of countries to visit specifically for birding. No plans yet, sigh.
3. Corey has written about one of the species, which I will most likely see when I go.
4. Mike has had something to say about this country as well.
5. On one list I’ve seen, there are 4 mainland endemics and 3 endemics on an island. And another list shows 6 endemics and 11 endangered species.
6. On one list, it is the 27th country with the most number of different bird species. In descending order, the list starts with those countries with more than 1,000 bird species, so the country is NOT one of these:
– Congo, Dem Rep
7. Two oceans
ANSWER THIS QUESTION:
Determine the country, but do not name it. Instead, name one of the endemic species in this country.
Name a guide or a group that you would recommend using when visiting. I just might take your suggestion!
Easily seen at Bosque de Los Angeles, just up the road from San Ramon. Local guide, “Warner,” highly recommended (he operates out of the Villa Blanca Hotel).
Deignan’s Babbler ?
@Laurent … In searching for Deignan’s Babbler online (I have not come across this bird in my readings), it seems that you are on the wrong continent. Try again.